Transfer Pricing Manager, Banking
This leading banking group is recruiting for a Transfer Pricing Manager to join their in-house tax team. The role will be closely supporting the retail banking and wealth management business units in devising appropriate transfer pricing policies which are adequately documented and properly implemented, keeping abreast of legislative change. The role will also be expected to support in activities such as transfer pricing documentation, tax authority audits and assurance work.
- Working closely with and providing guidance to the key stakeholders within the business, assisting in devising appropriate transfer pricing policies which are adequately documented and properly implemented.
- To be aware of the direct and indirect tax implications of operating in an increasingly diverse and challenging commercial, regulatory and tax environment and take appropriate action to mitigate the transfer pricing risk.
- Manage ad hoc transfer pricing queries and assist the business with transfer pricing compliance;
- To develop a clear understanding of business needs and expectations to enable development of appropriate transfer pricing solutions to support their requirements and formulate global transfer pricing policies;
- Ensure correct implementation of such policies through providing initial training and carrying out implementation reviews.
- Manage the exposure of the business to inadvertent creation of permanent establishments.
- To assist in the arbitration of conflicting business, regulatory & fiscal imperatives.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified tax or finance professional, with demonstrable expertise in transfer pricing. They would ideally have worked in-house previously, but candidates with good financial services experience from working in a major firm of accountants will also be considered. A good general knowledge of the other direct and indirect taxes impinging on the conduct of business cross-border will also be an advantage. They will also need to able to work under pressure to demanding deadlines imposed by project timescales or tax authority requirements, and possess strong communication and project management skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.