Systems Engineer (AWS, VMware)
The Systems Engineer undertakes and leads complex projects related to systems provisioning, installations, configurations as well as monitoring and maintenance. He/She applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in systems administration and works toward continuous optimisation of systems performance - including maintenance of 100+ servers and network infrastructure (L2).
He/She is required to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
He/She is able to quickly and effectively solve issues as they arise. He is able to methodically identify the cause of the issue, evaluate it and develop a solution in collaboration with the team. He communicates effectively and displays high level of service standards.
In addition, he/she will be responsible for SPOC Central Systems Management team support.
Execute Systems Administration Service Levels
- Monitor systems performance and usage, including response times
- Supervise backups, optimisation, initiation of recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security
- Determine the systems' short- and long-term requirements
- Manage systems report production
Advise on System Capabilities
- Advise senior leaders on system concepts and functional capabilities
- Provide technical advice to the team and clients on installation, setup, configuration of systems
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Implement plans to make systems available to users in a shared, secure and controlled manner
Develop New Systems
- Lead the development of new systems as per the system requirements
- Design security and integrity controls
- Conduct new systems testing and implementation
- Define the system maintenance procedures
- Analyse the use of new systems to identify enhancement needs
- Lead research initiatives for the development of advanced and automated approaches for system administration
Optimise systems performance
- Seek opportunities to optimise the delivery of systems services with emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, and security
- Conduct regular system audits and upgrades
- Develop automated processes to define, measure, and report on service quality, stability and capacity
- Oversee the assessment of risks to systems
- Identify complex system issues to provide advisory to the stakeholders
- Investigate cause of systems and network issues
- Resolve complex issues
- Provide escalation support for issues presented by the user
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in administering, maintaining and monitoring the Windows servers, VMware, AWS and Network Infra environment.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Certification in MCSE, knowledge in ITSM will be added advantage.
- Experience team leadership managing a small team and operations will be added advantage.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd/M3S Solutions
EA Licence No.: 11C5502
Registration No.: R1657697
Registration Name: Jessie Zeng