Sourcing & Product Director - Apparel
As our Director of the Liaison Office in Shanghai, you will manage team that is responsible for elevating the in-the field product creation and manufacturing capabilities necessary to bring our apparel/accessories product strategy to life; you will partner and collaborate cross functionally with senior executives and their teams to translate the strategy and business plans into a cohesive, end-to-end plan for our teams; and you will build strong connections across the corporation.
You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker, an outstanding communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally. You must possess an ability to see the big picture and understand the implications that different decisions will have on our results, be able to translate complex business scenarios into clear messages that drive action. You must be an agent of change that can create alignment across multiple teams and functions and drive towards clear and measurable results.
- Lead, coach, and develop a diverse team
- Set departmental strategies and goals that align with Apparel & Accessories Product Creation & Global Sourcing and Manufacturing
- Drive the performance management process for our factory partners setting goals and reviewing progress against Manufacturing Index, Product Scoring, and other KPIs
- Develop a team structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance.
- Manage the apparel/accessories partner manager structure with our factory partners:
- Align strategies and plans
- Strengthen relationships
- Manage the performance review process (Manufacturing Index/Business Review)
- Improve planning in collaboration with global and regional teams.
- Proactively monitor capacity and optimize utilization.
- Lead supplier facing product development activities
- Support Regional Product Creation teams
- Lead materials sourcing, R&D, testing and performance evaluation
- Elevate product quality to consistently deliver against manufacturing standards and product excellence requirements
- Product scoring
- Build product and support global inline and quick-response opportunities
- Strong experience in apparel manufacturing and product creation
- Awareness of process and events from concept to delivery
- Knowledge of testing fundamentals as it related to materials / trims
- Experience working cross-functionally across the value chain in a global organization
- Experienced and deep knowledge of multi classifications product constructions within apparel
- Successful track record of leading cross-functional strategic initiatives from concept to completion, leading virtual teams from across the organization
- Proven ability to partner with executive-level professionals as a trusted advisor
- Excellent executive-level communication skills, including the ability to deliver high-impact presentations on complex topics to leaders at all levels
- Strong quantitative and qualitative background with experience quantifying value creation for complex, non-traditional solutions
- Minimum of 10 years total experience in any combination of the following: Product Sourcing, Product Development, Manufacturing, or Planning.
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred