As a Solution Architect your main responsibilities will involve:
- Defining the Solution Architecture and Design for the project to meet business requirements, within the project constraints of cost and timescale, and the agreed architectural and technical framework
- Capturing the as-is application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Defining the to-be application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Ensuring, and where 3rd party elements are provided, assuring, that the overall functional and technical design of the solution is acceptable and fit for purpose
- Providing technical authority leadership of the IM&T solution and associated development team, ensuring that the solution architecture and design is as required and is communicated effectively
- Liaising with the product suppliers, COTS component vendors and sub-contract development teams
- Ensuring consistency and integrity of the solution implementation through overseeing the solution development process, and production of development work products
- Providing design management and governance through the operation of change and configuration management activities
- Working effectively with the Project Managers to support the development of the project plan, through assisting with the compilation, reviewing estimates and schedules, and identifying risks and approach to reviews
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders to develop solution requirements and solution design
As a Solution Architect your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Information Systems / Engineering diploma / degree - or equivalent, would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in delivering IM&T solutions together with associated architecture deliverables.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF.
- Understanding of the service lifecycle is advantageous e.g. ITIL.
- Hands-on experience with business and system requirements gathering / analysis.
- Proven experience in design, development, test and release of Information Systems.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Technical knowledge of a range of IM&T business systems from ERPs through procurement to supplier management.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Understanding of IM&T / software development lifecycle (including methodologies e.g. Agile) and associated reviews, policies, standards and governance processes.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.