Competitive Salary & Benefits
My client, a leading manufacturer based in Co. Tipperary are currently seeking an experience shipping supervisor to join their established team.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager the shipping supervisor will supervise and drive shipping activities in order to optimize the overall plant performance.
- Supervise team to ensure delivery on key shipping metrics i.e. volume shipped, turnaround time etc. while adhering to relevant safety, environmental, operational and customer service standards.
- Direct & organize the daily work activities to meet operational, manning and interdepartmental cross-functional requirements to ensure shipping meets the targets for order delivery, reinforcing the importance of shipping for the final presentation and delivery of the goods to the customers.
- Inventory accuracy is key to customer service
- Ensure at all times the service providers follow the safety procedures on site and that loads are loaded & appropriately secured for transportation.
- Managing the Satellite Warehouses and also ensuring sufficient warehouse storage is available at weekends and holiday periods both on and off site.
- Identify areas & develop options that will continue to improve on efficiencies across all operational drivers including Customer Service.
- Responsible for advising and managing container loading both on and off site.
- Lead, motivate and develop staff in a manner that will drive excellence aligned to the company's policies and use of Lean Techniques for problem-solving and improved efficiencies.
- Warehouse management system Inventory recording is accurate and up to date
- Maintain effective communication within the team and across all depts.
- Keeping up to date on RSA and legal requirements for Road haulage and safety of load transportation.
- HETAC level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and 3 years' experience in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Previous supervisory experience while operating in a warehouse/manufacturing environment.
- A strong track record in team leadership and people motivation is essential
- Excellent communication, organizational & interpersonal skills required
- Ability to lead, empower and motivate staff to ensure KPI' s are achieved.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work on one's own initiative
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills and knowledge of inventory systems
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.