Senior Systems Manager
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leading organisation in the Healthcare Technology sector, transforming healthcare through smart technology and latest innovations. The company who value talents, who promotes talents achieving career progression.
Years of Experience
At least 8 - 10 years' experience in developing, implementing and maintaining IT systems
Role and Responsibilities
The Snr Systems Engineer manages the systems administration function and leads the organisation's system projects and environments. He/She focuses on setting goals and priorities and on mentoring and coordination as well as providing technical leadership. He plans and oversees systems upgrades and migrations and ensures systems are up-to-date with the latest patches and are coherent across the organisation. He directs the development and maintenance of technical documentation.
He possesses strong leadership and communication abilities, and is able to set realistic goals and implement appropriate plans to guide the team toward achieving those goals. He is able to address multi-faceted issues effectively and in a collaborative manner including across departments.
Set system administration processes
- Establish goals and priorities, design, planning, day-to-day operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting of systems
- Align system administration with overall strategic IT service direction and business needs
- Assist with the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives
- Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues
- Develop policies, procedures, and controls to ensure system security
Develop New Systems
- Partner with stakeholders to recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration
- Define systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Prepare for system expansion by studying plans and requirements
- Oversee the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems
- Prioritise tasks to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with project plans and budgets
Optimise Systems Performance
- Recommend process, product or service improvements, resource optimisation and cost savings
- Oversee hardware and software upgrades
- Recommend new technologies, methodologies, systems or opportunities for cost savings, security and service quality improvement
- Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing
- Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and career discussions
- Define common goals, direction and accountability among staff
- Drive effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures
Requirements / Qualifications
- At least 10 years of IT industry experience with at least 6 years of relevant hands-on experience in technical delivery of large scale projects.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team across different group of stakeholders.
- Good leadership quality and able to articulate the technical requirements to different level of stakeholders.
- Good technical knowledge and skills in datacenter, network, server, storage and backup.
- Good technical skills in MS Windows Server, Linux and Unix as well as VMware.
- Experience in the managing IT projects for healthcare industry is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- CITPM/PMP/Prince 2/ITIL certification will have added advantage.
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent.
MORGAN MCKINLEY PTE LTD
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1876903
Registration Name: Shalu Surana