Senior Project Manager - Regulatory Change
Our client is leading Global Bank based in Singapore who is looking to hire an experience Senior Project Manager on long-term rolling contract to focus on driving their business critical regulatory change agenda.
As a Senior Project Manager within the Global Markets Regulatory programme, you will be involved in critical regulatory projects, working in a dynamic global team with software engineers, other project managers, business stakeholders, Operational partners and other technical experts globally.
The ideal candidate will own project Management and analysis activities within Post Trade Regulatory Reporting technology function focusing on regulatory back reporting, reconciliation and enhancement to reporting platforms for new regulatory requirements.
- Deliver regulatory change to aggressive timelines with adherence to standards and active management of risk using the appropriate technologies and tools to time and within scope, escalating major blockages / changes to scope
- Perform in-depth analysis around requirements of the project and regulatory changes (Trade Reporting Regulatory projects).
- Articulate the Scope / requirements in standard documents/process flow diagrams/use case diagrams etc to secure signoff from stakeholders.
- Participation in industry forums / calls and interpretation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders both internal (Legal, Compliance, other tech teams, Transaction Reporting teams) and external.
- Anticipate, identify and manage issues, risks and dependencies within work stream. Set targets and be held accountable for achieving them.
- Maintaining best practice solutions and tools to improve / optimize work flow, identify opportunities for synergy and integration, and simplify complex processes
- Working with technology teams to design and deliver a trade reporting reconciliation solution and process, implement the reconciliation tool into the bank's architecture as well as managing the analysis and categorization of break
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of the project across FMO, IT and relevant FO teams
- Provide solutions as well as produce a clear cut functional specifications for development team.
- Use appropriate tools like JIRA, WIKI etc to ensure that Functional Specifications are split and managed with development team in terms of clarity and implementation.
- Pro-actively engage, manage & build relationships with both technology (including vendors) & business stakeholders.
- Support the test team & business users during the testing phase by making design calls & assisting in issue analysis & resolution
- Support the transition to the production support team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7 - 10+ years' experience in project delivery/project management roles preferably within Regulatory Change within a financial services institution or management consultancy
- 2 - 5 years' project management experience on regulatory projects
- Strong business analysis skills including business case development, requirements gathering and documentation, process analysis and gap analysis
- Extensive knowledge of derivatives markets, regulatory environment, products, services, operations and systems in capital markets
- Experience of delivering solutions with either in-house/vendor Trade reporting and/or Reconciliation systems.
- Knowledge on the OTC regulations like Dodd Frank Reporting, EMIR, MAS, HKMA, MiFID1 reporting is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with senior level business/stakeholder and delivering high profile projects.
- Experience in financial domain projects. Nice to have: Experience in investment banking projects.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and VISIO
- Experience of Dodd Frank and/or EMIR regulations is desirable
- Experience of OTC products & trade lifecycle aligned to industry best practice
- Ability to document functional solution designs of high quality with no ambiguity.
- Articulate requirements clearly by using graphic and workflow tools like Visio, wireframe tools etc.
- Ability to work proactively & independently and display initiative
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to work effectively cross department and geography
- Proactive and driven individual - independent thinker able to influence and motivate others.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
EA License - 11C5502
Reg No - R1329079