Senior Buyer Planner
The company which manufactures medical device products for some of the world's leading medical device companies is based in East Cork. The role which reports into the Supply Chain Manager is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong buying and planning experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- To ensure that forecasts for the assigned area of responsibility are converted to orders.
- Manage forecasts for inventory, distribution, manufacturing and packaging.
- To assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability and define the first promise date for delivery.
- To maintain the MRP data on the system for assigned products and areas.
- Prepare assigned schedule in co-operation with relevant departments.
- To prioritise planned production in assigned areas in the case conflicts and bottlenecks.
- Prepare supply chain metrics on a weekly basis. ? Manage the assigned shipping schedules.
- Develop inventory and cost reduction proposals.
- Prepare supply chain metrics on a weekly basis.
- Organise dispatch of materials with Warehouse and Freight Company to third parties.
- Third qualification in a relevant field
- 3+ years' experience in a direct planning/procurement role
- A degree in Business or Engineering and/or APICS Certification
- Experience in a medical device or highly regulated manufacturing environment would be desirable
- Expeience with ERP systems.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Determined individual who enjoys a fast paced environment.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.