QC & Technical Coordinator
Purpose of role:
The purpose of the role is to ensure the companys management system & products are in compliance with all external & internal standards & that the management system & site processes are continuously challenged to ensure best practices are in place.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring the quality, legality & safety of all products in compliance with external & customer accreditations or requirements,
- Analysis & reporting of all quality testing,
- Internal auditing of the sites processes to meet external & internal standards,
- Ensuring the continued accreditation of ISO, BRC, FSC & customer standards,
- Monitoring & reporting of all quality & environmental parameters,
- Supporting the manufacturing function to ensure RFT of all products,
- Manage the training needs & requirements for the site in conjunction with all functions in particular production & H&S,
- Document control administrator.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulations relating to the manufacture, storage & transportation of products,
- Support the manufacturing function to ensure products are manufactured according to specification & customer requirements, along with achieving a consistent high level of quality,
- Facilitate external accreditation & customer audits & provide feedback to management, including development & implementation of CAPA plans.
- Conducting internal audits, mock recalls, traceability exercises, foreign body inspections, etc.,
- Ensure compliance & release of all raw materials & packaging (COA's, analysis, etc.) against specifications & trending of results,
- Maintain FSC records supporting co-packed product claims & facilitate requests from external bodies to prove compliance,
- Investigate & manage site non-conformances both internally & externally & ensure effective CAPA plans are implemented,
- Leading laboratory / production trials & documenting, analysing & reporting findings,
- Take an active role in supporting the development of new & existing products,
- Maintaining the calibration register & completing calibration of laboratory & factory equipment,
- Preparation, packaging & despatch of laboratory samples,
- Represent the company at meetings both inside & outside the group,
- Complete other tasks outside the specific role to meet the needs of the business.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum requirement of third level Science qualification (chemistry discipline preferred),
- Minimum 2 years QC Analyst/technician &/or other laboratory experience,
- Experience with BRC, ISO & FSC standards,
- Experience with customer non-food standards in particular Tesco Non-Food standard,
- Internal Auditing training/experience,
- Good communication & interpersonal skills,
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently,
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment,
- Excellent attention to detail & high level of analytical skill,
- Reliable, flexible & adaptable to change,
- Team player that will support & prioritise other site functions as required.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.