NBI - Senior Project Manager
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools. Rollout will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion
NBI is looking for an experienced Project Manager who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth. Reporting to the NBI Programme Director, the key objective of this role is the end to end Project Management of the component contractual plans across Business Units/Departments within NBI to deliver the Implementation Plan. This role requires a hands-on approach, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a pragmatic approach while working to tight delivery deadlines! In return you become part of the team, building and delivering a high-speed broadband network to communities across Ireland.
- Full Life Cycle Project Management of the following project plans;
- Deployment Project Plan (Network)
- Service Provider Engagement Plan (Commercial)
- Demand Stimulation Plan (Commercial)
- Wholesale Product Launch Plan (Product)
- Operating Environment - OSS/BSS (IT)
- Manage risks and issues that will have an impact on project cost, delivery timelines or quality.
- Coordination of Establishment Activities (Non-Implementation Plan)
- Collation of Upstream NBI and DCCAE mandated reporting
- Support for individual Department or Functional projects
- Ensures Business Units/Department are adequately resourced to manage their projects
- Systems (HR, Accounting & Reporting, ERP)
- Processes (ISO Accreditation, Ongoing Process Design, Implementation & Change Management)
Knowledge & Experience:
- Educated to Degree Level in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent Level 8 Qualification
- Membership of an Industry related Professional Body would be advantageous
- Project Management Qualification e.g. PMBOK
- 10 years + experience in Senior Project Management Roles preferably in Telecommunications/Infrastructure deployment environments
- PM Expert with strong Business Acumen
- Experience of Multi-Functional and Cross-Functional Project Delivery
- Experience Negotiating and Communicating with both Internal and External Stakeholders
- Ability to Manage Time and Deal with Multiple Complex Problems concurrently
- Experience of Working and Closing issues at a Senior level
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting new role with NBI, please submit an application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.