NBI - Chief Enterprise Architect
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools. Rollout will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion
NBI requires a Chief Enterprise Architect to unite our IT Programs across common goals, policies, procedures and solutions. Your job will be to create an overview of our architecture, IT processes, technical strategies and other internal functions to establish and implement changes that will increase our success and prepare NBI for the national rollout of rural broadband under the National Broadband Plan.
- Aligning a company's business and technical strategies
- Creating a strategic plan describing the gaps between a company's current and target state
- Leveraging enterprise architecture frameworks to make systematic decisions
- Bringing a "big picture" perspective to the adoption of new ideas
- Proposing innovative technical solutions to help decision makers apply relevant changes
- Overall responsibility of Enterprise Level IT design and the managing a team of Solution Architects providing mentorship and technical direction where required.
- Work with the SA's to identify, assess and solve cross functional complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Provide solution architecture and systems processing guidance
- Overall ownership of the IT strategy and domain roadmaps
- Find ways in which to improve our IT department's functions so they support our future goals (KPI's)
- Create business architecture models that reflect our strategies and goals
- Locate ways to reduce costs in IT and business leadership
- Identify ways to increase employee knowledge and skills to support future growth
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within NBI on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Managing Outsourced partner relationships
- Ownership of the Enterprise Architecture repository
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years' experience defining and implementing strategies at Senior Management Level
- 12- 15yrs Extensive experience with IT architecture, frameworks, integration technologies, design, & solution implementation and operational transition
- Enterprise Architecture Certification required, such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Knowledge of cloud computing, microservices, big data and integration frameworks
- Broad experience of architecting complex integrated IT solutions in a telecommunication, utilities, pharmaceutical, petrochemical or similar environment
- Broad experience of integrating commercial applications for enterprise systems such as CRM & ERP
- Knowledge of best practice industry standards within a relevant domain, such as TMF OpenAPI, SID, eTOM, TAM within the telecommunications domain
- Excellent leadership, motivational and conflict resolution/negotiation skills
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
- Future focused - Strong on analytics and an understanding the benefits of data ML/AI and where it's heading.
If you would like to be part of this exciting new operation, please get in touch with Melanie in Morgan McKinley for a confidential discussion.