* Responsibility for technical review and agreement of project requirements and feasibility
* Work as part of the "Agile" team on estimating and managing progress of all required work tasks.
* Comprehensive and clear documentation of the architecture, designs s and deliverables
* Responsible for the technical implementation and delivery of business features
* Responsible for the design, documentation, coding, testing, and hand over to production support of large, complex applications.
* Configure, develop and test system components, supporting scripts and tools as required.
* Participate fully in handover process, including training of users
* To maintain an interest and knowledge of new innovations in Middleware technologies
* Evaluate new technologies and identify if there is a potential benefit to the bank. Analyse potential use against existing solutions within the bank and alternative solutions within the marketplace. Recommend use of a particular component/toolset by assessing technical robustness, comparing with other options and ensuring there is a business benefit in implementing.
* Design, implementation and lifecycle of Middleware standard builds
* Providing 4th line support of engineered solutions
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Ability to understand and influence high level solution design and low level Middleware component designs.
* Ability to track and enforce adherence to Middleware product standards and acceptance criteria.
* Understanding of the full project lifecycle and key quality gates with emphasis on validation and live implementation phases.
* Analytical ability covering root cause identification, eradication and pro-active service and process improvement.
Preferred skillset (one or many of the following):
* Messaging technologies - IBM MQ, IBM Integration Bus (IIB), Red Hat AMQ, Red Hat Fuse
* Application Hosting technologies - IBM Websphere, JBOSS, TomCat, Apache
* HTML 5 development skills
* Python development skills
* Ruby development skills
* JAVA development skills
* Perl scripting
* Go language development skills
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
* Experience working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
* Cloud technologies, especially AWS
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.