Are you a Strong communicator, with a proven ability to understand key role concepts and communicate with business stakeholders at all levels of the organization?
The primary role of the External Master Scheduler is to translate the production plan into a granular master production schedule which optimizes work streams within the impacted Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO) and which will be used within the supply planning process.
This position is tasked with building and maintaining strong relationships with functions such as Supply Chain Planning, CMO, QA and QC.
- Convert the production plan into a master production schedule, optimizing the allocation of production resources by balancing plant efficiency and capacity with supply requirements and ensuring that the outputs and due dates for all process orders add up to and match the commitments incorporated into the production plan within the predetermined time fence
- Monitor S&OP plans to ensure continued alignment with the master production schedule
- Identify any deviation from established plans and develop recovery plans within the execution horizon with communication of delays and changes to the impacted Supply Planner
- Lead weekly operations meetings to ensure that priorities and due dates are valid, clear and aligned across work centers in a manner that is shared, aligned and realistic and ensuring that no work centre is over loaded
- Ensure that assumptions and master data used to build orders and schedules reflect demonstrated capacity and not aspirational goals
- Provide planning parameters values needed for rough cut and detailed capacity planning, including lead times, yields, success rates, run rates and shop calendars to ensure planners have the correct planning assumptions for production planning and scheduling
- Own and enforce the CMO schedule time fences: frozen, trading and free, manage escalation and decision-making around planning time fence crashes
The work product from the Master Scheduler will indirectly support product revenue and other programs executed in the network, will be a major driver for Contract Manufacturing Organization expenses, and will highly impact operational and transportation costs of external operations
This is a crucial role which reports to senior leadership within the Supply Chain organization.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.