This role will require large and medium scale project management to support implementation of current and future projects. In addition, our client has an ambition to be a driver in environmental and energy initiatives which reflect industry best practice and the role holder will be key in delivering same.
Working closely with the Manufacturing Director, the successful candidate will develop a 5- year engineering master plan.
The responsibilities of the role have been broken into key areas of delivery.
- Design, develop and implement best practice methodologies in all sites to ensure budget expectation and cost control delivery
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across manufacturing and the wider group
- To negotiate with external suppliers to a maximise benefit in areas such as machinery, service level, energy and environment.
- To continue to build a network to ensure best practise is to the fore which may require travel to exhibition, seminars etc.
- To work closely with on-site engineering teams:
- To maintain all plant and equipment in good working condition
- To review and improve where necessary the planned preventative maintenance schedules by site
- Implement excel based tracking of equipment down time and performance
- Develop and optimise a critical spares list - promote commonality across the sites to reduce stock holding
- Ensure plant registers are updated to provide key information e.g. age, condition etc.
- Support local teams in delivering annual budget spend, e.g. capex, spares, contract and labour
- To use gap analysis to help support idea generations in areas such as new product development (NPD), new processes and next generation equipment
- Implement project control structure and provide working templates and tools to facilitate best practise across all site:
- Business Case Development
- Tendering and Procurement
- Cost Estimate and budgets
- Testing and Commission
- Governance and Compliance
- Implement a root cause analysis mind set using Lean and six sigma methodologies to ensure a continuous improvement culture
- Introduce reporting metrics to aid and facilitate root cause analysis e.g. Pareto analysis
Energy & Environment:
- Design, develop and implement an energy and environmental strategy which meets or indeed improves industry best practice
- Ensure energy audits to establish areas of improvement/gain with an aim to reducing this companies Carbon footprint
- Provide training as appropriate across all functions
Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with all National and International safety standards
- Identify all Health & Safety requirements as necessary
- Support local team with safety action plans
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- You have a minimum degree in Engineering (Technical, Electrical) with at least 5 years senior engineering experience
- A project management qualification is essential with a qualification in the energy/environmental arena a distinct advantage
- Experience in working in a Lean Six Sigma environment essential with a suitable qualification an advantage
- Experience working in a FMCG organisation desirable
- Working on a multi-site environment a significant advantage
- With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you can manage and interact with varied and multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- You can demonstrate strong leadership and people management sills
- Proven ability to develop and nurture relationships linking same to commercial outcomes and successes
- Demonstrate an ability in developing a clear, concise and two-way communication style which enable ideas, knowledge and experience to be used to its optimum
- With strong and effective commercial experience the successful candidate will have a direct influence on the commercial performance of the business and will evaluate opportunities by focussing on the bottom line, achieving desired results on the P&L
- With a continuous improvement mind set you seek to learn from mistakes in order to modify approached or ideas to improve performance
The ideal candidate will be:
- Results Driven with a collaborative style
- Treats colleagues and customers with respect and is always honest in all interactions
- Demonstrate agility by being flexible and open to change
- Ability to clearly explain work being performed to stakeholders
- Contribute to overall team performance, including support and assistance to other team members
- Focused individual with ability to drive personal, team and business growth
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.