Manager, Technical Advisory Team
For the right person, this is the kind of opportunity will only come up once in a blue moon.
This is a role to manage and work alongside a team of four Technical Consultants responsible for providing support services and advice to all members of this major accountancy body and regulated practices in the UK, as well as wider responsibilities such as technical research, writing and training. The ideal applicant will be a qualified accountant or tax professional with a broad expertise and interest in technical issues, as well as prior experience of team management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Keep technically up to date in a broad cross section of accounting / tax issues, maintaining a technical expertise in one or more areas so as to be the subject matter expert for more advanced queries.
- Understanding the UK technical environment, scanning the horizon for forthcoming changes that may impact the profession, determining an appropriate response.
- Oversee the provision of business and technical advice to members/firms through appropriate channels. Areas to be covered include:
- Financial reporting
- Company and business law
- Guidance on the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Provision of ethical advice and support
- General business and practice management issues
- Provide business and technical advice, in the areas of financial reporting, auditing, taxation and company and business law, to members/firms
- Provide practical written advice on a range of business and practice management issues including digital content;
- Write content for the technical and business section of the website and ensure the contribution of the team
- Research and write articles, guides and factsheets on technical and business issues;
- Develop, train and motivate the Technical Advisory team and deliver high levels of employee engagement amongst the team, ensuring they have high levels of product knowledge, including an understanding on relevant policy and research outputs;
- Manage the performance of employees in the Technical Advisory team against the targets and plans;
- Continually review the service levels and impact to members provided through the technical advice line and through digital based member support.
- Benchmark and review the technical advice with direct and emerging competitors and recommend improvements for enhanced delivery of advice
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the issues impacting on the profession, as well as an interest in or experience of policy issues such as economic development, corporate governance, audit and corporate reporting, sustainability, business law and professional regulation. They will need a general knowledge of current accounting, auditing, advisory and taxation issues, with the ability to practically apply the knowledge. Finally they will need to be an excellent communicator with first class presentation and influencing skills, both written and oral, with the ability to engage and energise people at all levels;
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.