Legal Counsel (Global Services)
- Provide strategic legal counsel to the Global Services UKMEA business on corporate, regulatory and business matters (including custody, fund accounting, middle office and all ancillary services such as collateral management, analytics and regulatory reporting)
- Provide strategic legal counsel to global legal division staff on group corporate or business matters which involve assessment of English law and regulation and/or impact the Global Services UKMEA business.
- Manage, develop and supervise the Global Services UKMEA legal function.
- Ensure that the Global Services UKMEA legal team has the right resources, including staff and support from Outside Counsel.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a broad range of service agreements for Global Services UKMEA
- Advising on the legal implications of regulations applicable to the bank's operations and/or the services that it provides, including financial services regulation (in particular the CASS rules and the FCA rules generally), as well as other regulations (e.g. the Data Protection Act and the Bribery Act)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience gained from working within a renowned legal firm or equivalent within industry
- Sound management skills to assess competency of other lawyers, to manage workflow and to supervise quality of legal advice delivered to the business.
- Strong understanding of commercial contract drafting and negotiations
- Robust written and verbal communication, skills and knowledge of all key aspects of contract and commercial law
- Ability to identify issues that require escalation and engage with senior stakeholders as necessary to reach successful resolution
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.