Lead Unix Systems Admin
Unix Systems Administrator
Overall purpose of role:
The purpose of the role is to work as a System Administrator on the UNIX Projects Team, primarily working on the FAST CHANGE team which deals with high volume fast turn-around UNIX changes
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Technically proficient UNIX System Administrator, with strong understanding of end to end infrastructure technologies
o UNIX (many variants)
o Physical/Virtual Servers
- Manages escalations via Hotline and BCHAT Channel, escalating where appropriate
- Demonstrates close attention to detail and professional discipline whilst achieving a high throughput of work. Hits agreed targets of work volume per week on sustained basis
- Confident and prepared to address any UNIX issue regardless of variant.
- Configures the infrastructure environment to standards.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
Proficient in Infrastructure Platforms
- The implementation and management of infrastructure platforms or components that host specific business applications or services.
Linux, AIX, Solaris
Proficient in Networking and Communications
- The planning and management of the interaction between two or more networking systems, computers or other "intelligent" devices.
Examples: Ethernet, TCP/IP, SSH.
Excellent opportunity for the right person, offering exciting project work and career development
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.