Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager
Salary - Not Disclosed
I am currently working with a leading food manufacturer based in Co. Tipperary who are seeking a Key Account Manager to join their Commercial team.
The ideal candidate will be a talented and experienced Business Account Manager with a strong grasp on the FMCG market in Ireland, production, commercials and an absolute commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
As Key Account Manager you will be responsible for sales and availability of both branded and private label product lines for the customers under your management. You will report directly to the Commercial Manager.
The role involves proactively managing national accounts to achieve sales, margin and retailer category growth targets through optimisation of current listings and new product development. The role also includes responsibility for developing and executing sales plans to deliver profitable and sustainable sales with B2B customers and the foodservice channels. The accounts being managed are all existing retail, convenience, B2B or foodservice ones. You will be required to grow all existing accounts to agreed targets and will be supported by the company's office and field sales team daily.
Commercial support will be available from Senior Management whenever required also.
- Develop and negotiate annual JBP and LTA with key retail and convenience customers.
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager and other members of Senior Management in developing weekly, monthly, quarterly action plans and category plans for customers that are in line with the annual account plan and the overall company strategic plan.
- Work on product pricing model for submission of pricing to customers at tender time.
- Work closely with production and quality departments in New Product Development. Key for existing private label customers and company branded growth. Delivery of NPD to your own accounts immediately after launch.
- Report on the sales and profitability and account initiatives to grow sales in your accounts on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with planning department and logistics on a weekly basis regarding forecast planning.
- Work closely with suppliers to develop, signoff artwork and order packaging.
- Develop planograms with retail customers.
- Work closely with the Field Sales team to ensure all brand activation plans are at store level and customer planograms are being implemented.
- Submission of customer promotion plans per cycle or as required.
- Manage the costs associated with doing business with each of the key accounts.
- Develop a relationship with each relevant member of the trading team in each of the key accounts.
- To control debtors in conjunction with the financial controller.
- Visit all customers on a regular basis.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Third level qualification
- 5 - 10 years' experience working as a Key Account Manager in FMCG
- Ability to manage numerous key accounts and divide time correctly between small, medium and large accounts
- Strong numeric & commercial acumen to proactively manage major accounts to maintain product margin and meet account targets.
- Experience collating Joint Business Plans and negotiating Long Term Agreements essential.
- Experience in buying and procurement of packaging.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional presentational skills.
- Very proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent people skills.
- Leadership Skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.