KBC - Customer Service & Digital Ambassador - Waterford
Job Title: Customer Service & Digital Ambassador
Reporting to: Hub Associate / Hub Manager
Contract Status: 12-month Specific Purpose Contract (SPC)
Department: Retail Distribution
Location: Waterford Hub
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The Customer Service & Digital Ambassador Executive will act as the first point of contact for one of our most valuable assets - our customers. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, professional and courteous and will overall assist with delivering the "The Bank of You" proposition. This role will be the leading Hub advocate on delivering digital in the Hub - registrations, activations, customer demos and social media.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the welcome model in the Hub to ensure that all customers experience a warm and engaging welcome and first impression.
- Manage waiting times and customer queues ensuring that we provide as good an experience as possible.
- Hand off as appropriate to a Hub colleague where an appointment is booked/walk-in.
- Manage footfall log.
- Provide the highest standard of service and individual attention to customers by taking initial ownership of customer queries/enquiries.
- Manage the customer transactions - lodgement/withdrawal requests & internal transfers requests.
- Assist with creating opportunities for Executives / Specialists.
- Home Insurance Champion - co-ordinate the development of HI campaigns with a goal to contribute to the Hub's weekly sales referrals.
- Leading the registration and activation campaign for all existing and new customers.
- Maximise opportunities to convert customers to the online platform for withdrawals, standing order set up/cancellation, customer static amendment requests.
- Assisting and showing customers how to become active digitally and to avail of our digital enablement.
- Become the digital expert and upskilling of Hub colleagues.
- Educating our customers on digital enablement and solutions as they emerge and evolve.
Service / Operations
- Effectively manage all inbound calls to the Hub, adhering relentlessly to our stated telephone standards and ensuring all information is distributed to the relevant colleagues.
- Effectively manage call-backs to ensure these are completed daily.
- Efficient management of incoming and outgoing post ensuring to scan daily logs in accordance with Governance controls / procedures.
- Manage the Hub email account, ensuring emails are dealt with effectively and communicated to the Hub team.
- Merchandising & Stationery - take ownership of all stock in the Hub ensuring that stock levels are sufficient, current and that any obsolete stock is shredded. Liaise with Merchandiser on their quarterly visit & co-ordinate stock for this visit.
- Organise the upkeep of the reception area, meeting room facilities, and office and brochure supplies.
Compliance / Governance
- Ensure full compliance with the "Right First Time" model in KBC by keeping referrals to a minimum.
- Adhere to the document retention policy in the Hub ensuring that only required documents are held and remainder are shredded within relevant timeframe.
- Ensure full compliance with procedures and relevant legislation in every customer interaction.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- The successful candidate will typically have up to 2 years' experience within a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of Financial services would be a distinct advantage, including the achievement of APA, QFA or be working towards achieving same
- An interest and willingness to become digitally educated and aware of developments in KBCI, banking in general in Ireland and developments in the broader market.
- Interest in and knowledge of social media and its application to retail banking and broader customer experience
- Be an avid user of apps and websites - i.e. Snapchat, YouTube etc.
- An interest and appreciation of mobile and web technology. i.e. use of smart phones, how apps work
- Familiarity and comfort with using different devices - laptops, tablets, smart phones etc.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong customer-centric focus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with all levels of staff and customers in a confident and professional manner.
- Must have a very flexible approach to work and be confident working in a fast-moving, exciting environment.
- Be a proactive team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Interested in becoming an expert in digital banking enablement