KBC Asset Management - Compliance Officer
Job Title: Compliance Officer with responsibility for AML/CTF at KBC Fund Management Ltd
Reporting to: Company's Chief Executive Officer and Group Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Dublin (traveling to the other KBC AM Group entities on a quarterly basis)
KBC Asset Management ('KBC AM') is the KBC Group asset manager and is market leader in Belgium. We are an international organisation active in Belgium, Ireland, Luxembourg, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Bulgaria. We serve retail clients through our intra-group distributors, as well as larger private and institutional customers who entrust the management of their investment portfolio directly to KBC AM.
KBC Fund Management Ltd (Dublin, Ireland) ('KBC FM') is an Irish UCITS Management Company and is KBC AM Group's competence centre specialized in the management of fund-of-funds, capital protected funds and open theme equity funds. Next to portfolio management activities, all key supporting and controlling functions, such as Compliance, Risk, Legal and Finance are locally deployed as well. We currently employ approximately 30 colleagues.
The main objective of Compliance is to prevent KBC AM Group suffering damage (e.g. financial loss, integrity risk, reputational risk, sanctions) resulting from failure to respect standards, legislation and guidelines from the competent authorities. In this respect, Compliance has an advisory as well as a controlling task.
Compliance is a group function within KBC AM Group and as such the Compliance Officers of the local entities of KBC AM Group will be steered by the Chief Compliance Officer in Brussels. Consequently, the Compliance Officer of KBC FM will report to the Chief Compliance Officer of KBC AM Group as well as locally to the Chief Executive Officer of KBC FM.
The main compliance domains are:
- Anti-money laundering ('AML')
- Financial markets
- Application of UCITS
- Conflict of interest management
- Market abuse
- Limited MiFID-related topics
- * Ethics & Fraud
- Code of conduct
- Personal transactions
- Fraud prevention
- * Investment restrictions
- Legal and contractual investment limits
- * Data Protection
- Safeguarding privacy
- Confidential information and professional discretion
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As the Compliance Officer in Dublin you will be responsible for all compliance matters in KBC FM and as such be the contact person for day-to-day communication towards the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and external auditors. You will be a member of the international KBC AM Compliance team which works very closely together: in each country there are certain "knowledge & competence centres" for different topics and the local compliance officers have an advisory role towards their colleagues in other countries. Your training will mainly be done on-the-job.
You will attend the local Management Committee (MC), the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee (ARCC) and the Board of Directors (BoD). Your working place is in the Dublin office, but you're willing to travel to Belgium and to the other countries where KBC AM Group is active.
Your tasks will mainly comprise of the following:
- Follow-up of applicable legislation ensuring full compliance with UCITS, CP86, AML, GDPR, Market Abuse, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Companies Act 2014, Fitness and Probity and where relevant MiFID and AIFMD;
- Timely delivery of Compliance reporting to MC, ARCC and the BoD;
- Serving as a contact person for the CBI and external auditors on all compliance matters;
- On-going monitoring of investment restrictions in relation to funds managed and sub-managed by KBC FM;
- Set-up and execution of the Compliance Monitoring Program; identification and rectification of any compliance breaches;
- Filing of all compliance related returns on the CBI's Online Reporting system for KBC FM and locally managed funds;
- Follow-up of the KBC AM Group Compliance rules, translate them to entity level and follow-up implementation and effectiveness;
- Overseeing AML and KYC programs for KBC FM and locally managed funds and as MLRO reporting of suspicious transactions to the Financial Intelligence Unit and the Revenue Commissioners;
- Provision of regular compliance training to staff and the BoD;
- Participation in regulatory and business projects, both at a local and KBC AM Group level;
- Acting a single point of contact/expert for specific compliance topics across KBC AM Group;
- Holder of a master degree in Law;
- 3 to 5 years of compliance or legal experience in the Financial Services industry;
- Potential to become a PCF-15 and PCF-39 holder; acting PCF holder is an advantage;
- Diploma of the Association of Compliance Officers Ireland is a plus;
- Insight in the workings of financial markets in general and the investment fund industry in particular;
- Good analytical and communication skills;
- Willingness to work in an international context;
- Familiar with MS-applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).