Internal Communications Director - Retail Banking
A leading UK challenger bank is currently looking for a Head of Internal Communications for their Group function. This position is based in the City of London and is paying between £65,000 - £72,000 + benefits and a discretionary bonus. Suitable candidates will come from a Banking or Financial Services background and have prior experience working for an FCA regulated business. The position will report into the Head of Corporate Affairs and assist in strategically developing the internal communications function. This role also has responsibility for two direct reports.
- Working with senior leaders in the business and the ExCo to deliver a market leading internal communications strategy.
- Inspiring and engaging employees across the business across a multitude of functions.
- Business partnering with key areas of the bank including HR, Risk, IT, Finance and Marketing.
- Driving the leadership communications agenda
- Setting out the guardian of the IC governance model and spanning messaging, audiences, channels and measurement
- Sharing best practice across the Bank and acting as an internal ambassador
- Driving strategic and engaging content on and off-line
- Work closely with external communications and other teams to develop and implement integrated communications strategies (financial calendar, AGM, change communications, profile raising activity)
- Reporting success to the Executive level, highlighting the effectiveness of employee communications strategy
- Educate stakeholders about the value of good practice employee communication and act as an ambassador for Corporate Affairs.
- To line manage and develop a growing team communications network
- Budget management of the employee communications programme
- Ability to combine strategic thinking with a demonstrable track record in successful implementation.
- Good knowledge of employee communications planning and change management approaches
- Excellent writing, editorial and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify craft and deliver key messages, narratives and information in succinct and engaging ways.
- Strong technical knowledge of key communication channels and content including intranet, print, film, digital and social media.
- Experienced in commissioning branding and design and interested in the impact technology is having on communication and collaboration.
- Events management - knows how to plan and execute events and interventions that deliver on organisational objectives and drive engagement.
- Very strong project management skills, with the ability to self-manage, prioritising a wide number and variety of tasks to deliver overall objectives.
- Experience of financial services would be an asset.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.