Fund Acounting Supervisor
Fund Accounting Supervisor
What You'll be Doing:
The Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all funds within their teams. They are responsible for checking all work completed by fund administrators on the team and ensuring that all Company standard procedures and controls are complied with in the production of client NAVs.
- Provide fund accounting/administration services.
- Ensure the NAVs/distribution rates of all funds are calculated accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with Company standard or client specific procedures and timetables.
- Supervise the preparation and calculation of NAVs across all funds with zero error tolerance.
- Review and sign-off on all NAVs and dividend rates calculated.
- Ensure the NAVs and dividend rates are accurately communicated to the relevant parties according to the client specific agreed timetable and for ensuring that the information is received.
- Supervise fund Administrators to ensure the accurate and timely processing of trade, corporate action and cash settlement information on the accounting system.
- Ensure accuracy of new master file set up on the accounting system.
- Assist on projects related to the funds as requested by management.
- Act as the primary dedicated contact for all contacts at a client's offices on operational and client servicing issues.
- Ensure client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
- Set aggressive but realistic timetables for addressing client requests and where timetables are not met, ensuring the client is contacted well in advance and a new timetable agreed.
- Keep line management informed of client issues and their progress and highlighting to management any client concerns/complaints as a matter of urgency.
- Ensure client specific monthly reports are completed according to the agreed timetable and are checked before sending them to client/trustee/other.
- Liaise with custodian on an ongoing basis and provide feedback to management.
Human Resource Management:
- Ensure work scheduling and staff supervision.
- Ensure your team are fully trained on the accounting systems and on our standard and client-specific procedures and controls and for alerting line management of specific training needs.
- Keep line Assistant Manager informed regarding salient aspects of the group's progress, work efficiency levels and client servicing issues.
- Responsibility for accurate and timely update of management information system (MIS) information relating to allocated funds.
Financial Accounts/Fund Audits:
- Ensure all audit queries are accurately and fully responded to with minimum delay.
- Minimum requirement of a Third level qualification in business related discipline.
- At least 2 years work experience within a similar environment.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.