Design Delivery Project Manager - Production
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to suppoer the Design Delivery Manager in proactively managing the relationship with one or more Design contractors to ensure timely delivery of the National Broadband Plan design roll out programme. The role will ensure work of the design production team is carried out in a controlled, tracked and structured manner to ensure efficiency and the optimisation of team effort to meet the needs of the roll out plan. The role will ensure that the compliance, reporting and liaison requirements of the programme office are implemented effectively in the design delivery team. Workflow organisation and fluidity within the team and within the engaged contractor organisation to meet the programme office schedules will be crucial.
- Design Release Schedule
- QC oversight
- Work Progress Tracking,
- Project Delivery reports
- Manage the design schedule and co-ordinate delivery of designs through the design production process
- Liaise with the Design Delivery Manager to manage the design workload into the design partners
- Ensure designs are received from the design partners in a timely manner
- Manage and co-ordinate the process to ensure designs are released from production to the PMO
- Liaise with the quality team project manager to ensure fluidity in the design process
- Liaise with the Programme Manager in the PMO to provide updates, keep track of design status
- Deliver accurate and timely deployment schedule updates, KPI's and reports to the Design Manager and PMO Programme Manager
- Encourage responsiveness in the Design Partners to drive timely delivery and changing business needs
- Ensure all work is released for the design contractor in a timely and efficient manner by the programme executives.
- Actively manage risks and issues that will have an impact on project cost, delivery timelines or quality.
- Actively manage and oversee the administration of design project plans
- Proactively manage the prioritisation and completion of jeopardy works elements.
- Continuously seek out new initiatives, ideas, system developments or process changes that are targeted at improving organisation performance and delivery of designs
- Proactively manage stakeholders to ensure the continuing success and reputation of the business.
- Assist with the development and documenting of project management and PMO processes
- You will align project with overall program policies, roadmap, constraints and plans
- Support the PMO Programme Manager in maintaining and updating project related documents
- Continually seek new initiatives and process changes to improve the deployment and build process
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in project management roles essential
- Experience in large Utility Infrastructure contract delivery, preferably telecommunications.
- Experience of operational process in an accredited environment (ISO, etc.) an advantage
- Project management qualification (PMI/PMP)
- Experience in using ArcGIS an advantage
- Strong problem-solving capability with a "can-do" attitude
- Proven ability to respond well to change and maintain flexibility while keeping focus on objectives
- Strong team player
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley and National Broadband Ireland are working in partnership.