ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leading organisation in the Healthcare Technology sector, transforming healthcare through smart technology and latest innovations. The company who value talents, who promotes talents achieving career progression.
Job Role: Assistant Lead Engineer
Years of Experience
At least 5 - 6 years' experience in developing, implementing and maintaining IT systems
Role and Responsibilities
The Systems Engineer undertakes complex projects related to systems provisioning, installations, configurations as well as monitoring and maintenance. He/She applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in systems administration and works toward continuous optimisation of systems performance. He implements systems improvements and instructs other IT staff in the resolution of complex issues. He is required to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
He is able to quickly and effectively solve issues as they arise. He is able to methodically identify the cause of the issue, evaluate it and develop a solution in collaboration with the team. He communicates effectively and displays high level of service standards.
Execute Systems Administration Service Levels
- Monitor systems performance and usage, including response times
- Supervise backups, optimisation, initiation of recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security
- Determine the systems' short- and long-term requirements
- Manage systems report production
Advise on System Capabilities
- Advise senior leaders on system concepts and functional capabilities
- Provide technical advice to the team and clients on installation, setup, configuration of systems
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Implement plans to make systems available to users in a shared, secure and controlled manner
Develop New Systems
- Lead the development of new systems as per the system requirements
- Design security and integrity controls
- Conduct new systems testing and implementation
- Define the system maintenance procedures
- Analyse the use of new systems to identify enhancement needs
- Lead research initiatives for the development of advanced and automated approaches for system administration
Optimise systems performance
- Seek opportunities to optimise the delivery of systems services with emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, and security
- Conduct regular system audits and upgrades
- Develop automated processes to define, measure, and report on service quality, stability and capacity
- Oversee the assessment of risks to systems
- Identify complex system issues to provide advisory to the stakeholders
- Investigate cause of systems issues
- Resolve complex issues
- Provide escalation support for issues presented by the user
Requirements / Qualifications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is a mandatory criterion.
- Experience in data centre management.
- Strong knowledge in hardware & systems software, clustering solutions, enterprise SAN, server and storage virtualization technologies.
- Strong technical IT operations knowledge in server virtualization, disaster recovery, server backups and storage management.
- Good experience in technologies such as Tomcat, Citrix, VMWare, MS SQL is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server platform, Windows Clustering, and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of UNIX / Solaris / Linux platform is an added advantage.
- Strong vendor, service level and project management skills.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Prior experience with HSM module or Microsoft Active Directory
- Certificate Services or CyberArk Active Directory or VMware virtualization technologies will be advantages.
MORGAN MCKINLEY PTE LTD
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1876903
Registration Name: Shalu Surana