Programme Manager - Deployment
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for an experienced Programme Manager who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth. Reporting to the Programme Director, the purpose of this role is lead, manage and oversee end to end multiple fibre rollout project with emphasis on scheduling, sequencing and monitoring and control. This role requires a hands-on approach, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work to tight deadlines with a pragmatic approach! In return you become part of the team, building and delivering a high-speed broadband network to communities across Ireland.
- Manage, schedule and oversee each project ensuring that budget and scheduling constraints are adhered to
- Liaise with project co-ordinators, design and build teams to schedule, keep track and report on project status.
- Actively manage risks and issues that will have an impact on project cost, delivery timelines or quality.
- Actively manage and oversee the administration of project plans
- Deliver accurate and timely agreed project reports and KPI's from design through to build
- Assist with the development and documenting of project management and PMO processes
- Deliver accurate and timely material forecasts associated with the deployment schedule
- Deliver accurate and timely deployment schedule updates to the Programme Director
- You will align project with overall program policies, roadmap, constraints and plans
- Proactively engage with and manage stakeholders
- Support the senior project manager in maintaining and updating project related documents o Continually seek new initiatives and process changes to improve the deployment and build process
Knowledge & Experience:
- 8+ years project manager level experience
- Experience in telecommunications complex projects preferably with infrastructure / construction deployment
- In-dept knowledge of Project Management methodology and practices e.g. PMBOK, Prince
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Detail oriented and delivery focused
- Strong communicator with proven ability to create and foster strong team and build cross functional relationships
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.