NBI - Head of FP&A
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Rollout will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI are currently recruiting for an experienced Head of FP&A to join their business. This role will ensure effective financial planning disciplines are in place, along with high-quality information to manage the business by.
- Support the CEO and CFO in the development of the overall corporate strategy and associated 5-year financial plan.
- Drive the development of the annual bottom-up detailed budget and facilitate the associated prioritisation process for limited resources
- Ensure processes in place to identify variances from budget and the taking of appropriate actions in respect of adverse variances.
- Ensure that the Project Cost Model - a comprehensive financial model of project revenues and costs - is operated and maintained so that it reflects latest information and meets associated reporting obligations under the Contract.
- Ensure that the Deployment Area Cost Template (DACT) setting out build costs by project is operated and maintained appropriately and meets associated reporting obligations under the Contract.
- Put in place a high-quality management reporting process that focuses on the key drivers for improving business performance, and ensure processes are in place for the business to take necessary actions based on these performance indicators.
- Utilise latest technology and techniques to provide the business with actionable business insights on areas such as cost behaviour and control, customer behaviour including price elasticity and propensity to churn, and individual service profitability.
- Prepare business cases / feasibility studies for all key business decisions / investments of the company, including service pricing, price changes, capital investments, new hires and demand stimulation expenditures.
- Ensure the systems and processes are in place to meet statutory and regulatory reporting requirements, and any other reporting requirements under the Contract
- Qualified accountant with 10 years post-qualification experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior FP&A role - ideally in a large company/MNC environment.
- Exposure to the construction / telecoms industry is highly advantageous
- Strong track record of negotiating performance outcomes is desirable
- High level of written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to connect with people.
- Hands on, flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please apply with an updated copy of your Cv for a confidential discussion.